Saturday, March 28, 2009

Is it illegal to get a makeover at a place like MAC or Sephora, then not pay for the products?

most makeovers are free,it shouldn't be honey..you should be ok.they give you makeovers to get you to buy their products,,and you don't have to buy..




What everyone else has failed to mention is that the makeup artists at makeup counters are paid by the hour, not by the customer they make over. If you have to pay for the service, they tell you beforehand.





But in all my years of living I have never heard of paying for a makeover at a makeup counter. its a courtesy that their company provides its customers in HOPES that the costumers will buy.





Remember, they are paid by the hour and maybe they sometimes get commission on what they sell, they usually don't and can not charge for a courtesy makeover unless they tell you there is a fee.


So be on notice.








Good Luck




I'm not entirely sure if this is true for all MAC and Sephora stores, but I know most require a purchase of $50 or more (for MAC, but I'm not sure about Sephora) before they give you a makeover. However, you can ask some of the makeup artists to test some of the products on you if you are interested in them. Getting a complete makeover with no intention of actually buying anything is extremely rude though.




I don't know that it is illegal, but it is scummy.





A lot of cosmetic lines offer free makeovers with the hopes that you will indeed buy some or all of the products. But if you agree to purchase product in exchange for a makeover, you are breaking the agreement. Whether the store chooses to pursue it, is up to them.




Hahaa no it's not illegal.





You can do it, then say you'll come back after looking at other booths and just ditch them. You don't even need an excuse like that, it just seems a little nicer.





Also, you can schedule to get a proper makeover from them if you don't just wanna act like you're trying on the product.





Hope this helped :)




Hahaha! I have never had it done at either of those places, but at the Clinique counter I have done that. However as a courtesy, I did tell the woman I didn't plan on buying the products before hand. She looked bored anyways...I look at it in the terms of I gave her something to do.




No, unless they tell you up front that you have to pay them, it's legal.


What they're trying to do is show you the product on you so that hopefully you'll like it and want to buy it.




you have to pay them because they gave you a makeover but not the products. You're paying for the service not the actually product.




I don't know but that's extremely disrespectful. If I did all of that work on you to try and get you to buy something so I can do my job and make money.. and you just walk out. I'd be very upset.




NO not at all.....they offer "free" makeovers so you can test their products, there should be no pressure for you to buy something. Those are 2 of my favorite makeup products, good taste.




i don't think it is illegal, unless you scheduled an appointment and just leave without paying for it.




Oh gosh, no!


A lot of the time,


they will even give you free samples!


Just say "I want to think about it"


or "Id like to try it..."








xxxx




Well obviosly if others HAVE to pay and you normally have to pay, then it is illegal. Kind of like theft.




if u have to pay to get the makeover, then yes, it is illegal.




Of course. It is called theft of service.


You are going to burn forever in hell as well.




No they do this solely to show you what that product looks like on you. Who told you that?????




prolly not


i try on clothes i dunt buy, heheh.


They hate me for tht...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hair & Style

Beauty & Style