Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Am I supposed to cover up my tattoos for a company party?

My tattoos are on my back and on my shoulder and will show if I wear a dress to the party. My boss will be there, everyone I work with will be there and i think it is just a regular formal office party. Obviously I cover my tattoos for work... but am I supposed to cover them up for parties too? Help?



It depends on your boss and coworkers. Do they know about them? Are they conservative?


I personally think that body art should be added to the discrimination clause. Religion is a choice and it is on there, so why not body art? I have heard about and experienced peoples change in attitude once they see a person%26#039;s tattoos. It totally sucks. Just as in race or orientation or religion, body art does not change our ability to do a great job.


Sorry for the soapbox speech!!




It depends what kind of company you work for. If it is more laid back or into arts like a design or creative advertising type of place, it is probably more acceptable. If it is a small tattoo that%26#039;s not that big of a deal, but if it%26#039;s a huge curse word or just huge in general, I would cover it. I wouldn%26#039;t show them there if you wouldn%26#039;t normally show them at work.




I have piercings and tattoos everywhere. Naturally I cover most of them at work, but for our office parties I am comfortable with them showing.





I am not on the clock and by then their opinions have been based on my work ethic and abilities, not on how I look.





And so you know, I am an accountant and work with very high profile people!




you are off the clock... you shouldn%26#039;t have to cover them all up...


do you have to cover up for work?





i have both arms tattoo%26#039;d half sleeves %26amp; 75% of my back...my job has always known about my tattoos %26amp; they have never asked me to cover up %26amp; i work as a job recruiter for a high profile company,i interview job seekers %26amp; have to meet managers all the time...




Probably. I cover mine at work because they are not allowed. When I went to the Christmas party, I covered them as well.





Maybe ask around and see the general attitude of your boss about tattoos. If the boss is coll, then do what ever you want. As long as they are appropriate tattoos (no pot leaves, etc.), it shouldn%26#039;t be a problem.




wwww that%26#039;s a tough one! i suppose it depends on what your job is . .





** why the thumbs down?? it does depend on the job!





if the job was a shop assistant i%26#039;d say show the tatts! if it was a lawyer id say cover them!




If you are off the clock then I think you should be fine, but if you are worried about it ask around about it, or just go on the safe side and cover them. I%26#039;d personally show them.




I would, try find a shawl or something, never bring your social side into work in terms to speak




depends on what you occupation is but i would..


%0D%0A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hair & Style

Beauty & Style